Welcome to Lucent Sky AVM version 1807. There are a number of significant changes in this release that cover almost every aspect of Lucent Sky AVM, from analysis, remediation to API and web interface.
Updates in Lucent Sky AVM version 1807 include:
- Java build with Ant 1.10 - This is the first part of our effort to improve compatibility with Java applications built with Ant. Starting with v1807, Ant 1.10 is available as a Java build option, along with Ant 1.9 and Maven. We will continue expand the capabilities and compatibility of the Ant 1.10 integration over the next two releases, when it is expected to replace Ant 1.9 as the default Java build option in Lucent Sky AVM. To scan a Java application using Ant 1.10, include "JavaBuild,Ant" in the scan arguments.
- API improvements - The CLEAR Engine API received significant improvements on performance and expandability. The most visible improvement for end-users are that the web UI is much more responsive. For users who are interfacing directly with the API, the changes in API are backward-compatible, but we encourage you to take advantage of the additional expandability options. For help on using these new options, contact our support team.
- Analysis improvements - The analysis engines received several updates to improve the analysis accuracy and ability to recognize custom security libraries.
- Remediation improvements - The remediation engine received updates to improve the remediation confidence on certain vulnerabilities in .NET and PHP applications.
- Bug fixes - Several UI bug fixes and other cosmetic improvements were included in version 1807.
If you are using Lucent Sky AVM Enterprise, Standard or Test Edition (either on-premise or cloud) and have an active subscription or maintenance agreement, you can update to Lucent Sky AVM v1807 immediately. Our support team will reach out to you shortly to schedule an update. If you are using Lucent Sky AVM On-Demand, your server will be updated to Lucent Sky AVM v1807 in the next few days.